Mindfulness meditation is a scientifically-validated method that teaches you to clear your mind, quiet your emotions, and calm your body. It is a simple and systematic approach that helps you attain greater levels of health and well-being by becoming more present and aware in the moments you actually live.
Mindfulness meditation as taught at MMT begins with focusing attention on the breath. You learn how to become mindful of each inhalation and exhalation. As you practice this new awareness of breathing, you begin to develop a sense of calm. As you continue to practice, you learn to become more resilient to stressful situations and to develop healthier ways to be in charge of your life.
Mindfulness meditation can help you:
- relate to stress in more creative ways
- reduce endless mind chatter in order to think more clearly
- become more aware of how you truly feel, and why
- sleep better, lower your blood pressure and reduce anxiety and depression
- better manage the emotional and physical pain that often accompany medical conditions such as cancer, heart disease, back problems and psoriasis
- get off the worry treadmill and become more productive and happy
Dr. Miroslava Lhotsky and Dr. Judy Turner lead the Mindfulness Meditation Toronto programs. Read about who we are.
For more information on the research, go to the mindfulness meets science page.